This week’s #TasteTest recipe is a low carb no-bake peanut butter coconut cookie. I’m not on a diet but sometimes I like to try these low carb ‘treats’ just to see if they’re as good as they look. Do you think it’ll make the cut? Scroll to find out!
But first, a quick reminder I’m not a food blogger. There will be no flour-dusted cutting board photos in-between hefty paragraphs filled with adjectives. The word foodie sends an awful noise of nails on a chalkboard down my spine.
I only want to share the recipe and what I learned when baking or cooking it for the first time. The act of making food for others is how I show love, and it’s my fun time. Trying to make something for the first time is always exciting for me because you either nail it or you don’t.
Here we go:
⅔ cup natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flake
- Place the peanut butter and coconut oil in a medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine. Add the vanilla and stir.
- Add the unsweetened shredded coconut flakes and mix until evenly coated.
- Dollop the mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Each cookie should be around 1½ inches (4 cm) wide.
- Freeze until solid, about 15-20 minutes. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or bag.
56.03g total carbs 37.5g dietary fiber 18.53g net carbs/per serving 18.53g/8 cookies = 2.31g net carbs per cookie
- It is goopy and will spread all over the place, don’t make your scoops too heaping because it WILL run all over the place, haha.
- My trick would be to accidentally put sweetened coconut flakes in instead of unsweetened. Just say ‘oops’ so it counts as accidental.
WOULD I MAKE IT AGAIN?
Not a chance in Hell. I would make these with Jiffy and sweetened coconut flakes though…
Have you tried this recipe, too? What did you think about it? Tell in the comments, belowwwwwwww.
ps: The original recipe can be found here.