Fridays are my favorite not only because it means the weekend is one work day away, but also because that means it’s time for another rendition of Try Stuff My Wife Makes with my Hubs.
I make, he tries. This week’s recipe is by Delish, so do you think the Slutty Brownie Cups live up to the hype? Keep scrolling for the recipe, some helpful first-time bake hacks, and if it makes the cut for recipes I make more than once.
- 1 box brownie mix (plus ingredients box calls for)
- 24 oreos
- 1 1/2 logs store-bought cookie dough
- 1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. hot heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350º and line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Prepare brownie batter according to box instructions. In each cupcake liner, add an Oreo. Top with a tablespoon-size ball of cookie dough and top with another Oreo.
- Pour over brownie batter mix until each is almost full, fully covering the top Oreo.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownie cup comes out almost clean, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Let cool, then make ganache: In a small heatproof bowl, add chocolate chips. Pour over hot heavy cream and let stand 3 minutes, then whisk until smooth and no clumps remain.
- Spoon ganache over each cupcake and serve.
- Unless you have ginormous cupcake tin pans, the double Oreo sandwiching the cookie dough ball takes up a lot of room in the regular cupcake tin, so opt for 1.5 Oreos. One full Oreo on the bottom and then one half of an Oreo on top of the cookie dough.
- My grocery store didn’t have logs of cookie dough so I bought two packs of Nestle’s cookie dough (only ended up using one pack) and cut each precut squares in half, so the 12 pack turned into a 24 pack and it was plenty!
Did It Live Up To The Hype?
Ps: Hell to the yes I would make these again, they’re easy as FUH and were a huge hit with everyone in the office and at home. The texture differences were raved about and I couldn’t get over how easy it was because everything was store bought and simply assembled.